Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thinking Aloud

To think is to differ. Clarence Darrow

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel

The tipping point toward a candidate is perhaps the greatest act of individuality in our unique democracy, although in this day and age of unprecedented political divide, telling somebody who you are voting for has no upside: There is no respect for your right as a citizen, but outri
ght hatred from those who do not agree with you. I fear that I will lose friends, some of whom I hold inside my heart. Of course, I will also lose friends I really don’t like anyway. Buzz Bissenger, The Daily Beast, 10-8-12

Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own belief. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.
John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment